The Day the Crayons Quit Slipcased edition
Drew Daywalt; illustrated by Oliver Jeffers
The most popular picture book companions in many a year are now available in a joint slipcased edition--the perfect gift for the holiday season!
Includes a bonus art print created by Oliver Jeffers!
In 2013, Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers' picture book, The Day the Crayons Quit, became a #1 bestselling smash-hit. It featured a boy named Duncan and his funny, disgruntled cast of crayons who decided enough was enough--it was time to walk off the job. Luckily, Duncan managed to convince them to come back to work and a second book was born, The Day the Crayons Came Home, in which a new cast of crayons found themselves displaced--and not all in one piece--in need of finding a way home. Now these two books are available together for the first time in a joint slipcased edition.
What's better than receiving a copy of The Day the Crayons Quit or The Day the Crayons Came Home? Receiving them both! A must-have gift purchase for the holiday season, The Day the Crayons Quit Slipcase is a timely and handy offering for fans who've already fallen in love with these funny books and those who will take delight in discovering these colorful tales.
Praise for The Day the Crayons Came Home
One of Parents Magazine's Ten Best Children's Books of 2015!
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year!
“Highly anticipated (yes, even for adults)” —Entertainment Weekly
"Mr. Daywalt’s text blends with Mr. Jeffers’s illustrations to make a picture book that will have children clamoring for more crayon adventures."—The Wall Street Journal
* "A masterwork of humor and design . . . Sure to be as popular as The Day the Crayons Quit."—Booklist, starred review
* "A brilliant, colorful tale that begs to be read aloud and a must-have for all collections."—School Library Journal, starred review
* "Once again, Daywalt and Jeffers create rich emotional lives and personalities for their colorful cast, and it’s hard to imagine a reader who won’t be delighted."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers once again offer perceptive and frequently hilarious insights…The Day the Crayons Came Home will have readers of all ages chuckling—and will inspire kids’ empathy and imagination in equal measure.”—BookPage
Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit
The #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon—over two years on the bestseller list!
Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
Amazon’s 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
A Barnes & Noble Best Book of 2013
Goodreads’ 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
* “Hilarious . . . Move over, Click, Clack, Moo; we’ve got a new contender for the most successful picture-book strike.” –BCCB, starred review
“Jeffers . . . elevates crayon drawing to remarkable heights.” –Booklist
“Fresh and funny.” –The Wall Street Journal
"This book will have children asking to have it read again and again.” –Library Media Connection
* “This colorful title should make for an uproarious storytime.” –School Library Journal, starred review
* “These memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes.” –Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Utterly original.” –San Francisco Chronicle